We aim to minimise the number of older people experiencing inappropriate, extended lengths of stay in hospital or being prematurely admitted to residential care.
Clinical service overview
The Alfred Health Transition Care Program (TCP) is one of the TCP services under Flexible Care and legislated under the Aged Care Act 1997.
By offering case management, low intensity therapy and personal support, TCP enables older people to have time in a non-hospital environment to complete their restorative process and finalise access to their long-term care arrangements.
We are able to offer the following services:
- TCP in one of three bed based facilities (private providers):
- Coppin Centre
- Central Park
- Hammond Care
- TCP in a community setting (own home) with care delivered by the Royal Freemasons Outreach Service
- Provision of care and therapy to enhance recovery and access suitable long term arrangements
We accept eligible patients from within Alfred Health and other public and private hospitals for bed based TCP.
We accept patients for community-based TCP for those in living in the following council regions:
- City of Glen Eira
- City of Port Phillip
- City of Stonnington
Refer your patient
Call or fax your referral
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency. Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
To refer your patient, either:
- Call us to organise a booking, or
- Complete and fax a referral to us
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in the patient’s condition, please contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 6301
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6136