Volunteer at Sandringham Hospital
Volunteering your time to help others can be a rewarding experience. You meet new people, learn new skills and give back to the local community at the same time.
We are fortunate at Sandringham Hospital to have the help of volunteers who regularly give their time to support our busy staff and enrich patients' experience in the hospital.
Our volunteers are from all areas of the local community and although they do not replace paid staff, their support is invaluable to our service.
Key volunteer groups are:
- Pink Ladies - help care for patients' flowers by watering, arranging and discarding when finished blooming.
- Couriers assist with mail distribution, photocopying, filing, shredding, sorting and other basic clerical work
- Kiosk attendants - help run the kiosk selling newspapers, magazines, flowers, cards, gifts & confectionery. All money raised by the kiosk is donated back to the hospital to purchase new equipment.
- Shop trolley volunteers - visit patients on the wards and in dialysis. Although they have a few necessary items for sale their main objective is giving patients a visitor.
- Emergency volunteers - provide assistance in the Emergency department by providing a support to patients and families.
- Gardening group - help to maintain the large garden areas of Sandringham Hospital including weeding and tidying the garden beds.
- Consumer Register - gives members of the community, consumers and carers the opportunity to offer their input into Sandringham Hospital's service planning and decision making.
- The Black Rock Sports Auxiliary - raises funds for the hospital since 1950 through an Annual Charity Golf Day at the Royal Melbourne Golf Club. They welcome volunteers from the community.
We always welcome new volunteers. If you would like more information on volunteering, contact the hospital on 9076 1000.