Leave a bequest for Sandringham Hospital
If you would like to support Sandringham Hospital in your Will, we can offer advice on the steps to take to achieve this and how to protect your family's interests in the course of making your bequest.
By making a Will you ensure that you provide for your family and friends and stipulate how your estate is distributed.
A bequest is a gift or legacy left in your Will that enables you to support causes that are close to your heart and leave a legacy for future generations.
Your support could enable Sandringham Hospital to purchase vital equipment and enhance patient care.
There are various ways to provide for Sandringham Hospital in your Will:
- A residual bequest provides for your family and friends then leaves the remainder or part of the remainder to Sandringham Hospital;
- A percentage of your estate can be divided among a number of benefactors including an organization such as Sandringahm Hosptial;
- A specific amount leaves a set dollar amount to Sandringham Hospital. These can be devalued by inflation and need regular reviews;
- A particular bequest can leave a specific piece of your estate such as shares or real estate to the hospital;
- A trust is a bequest that takes effect after the death of your partner or loved one. Your partner would have your estate for as long as he/she lived, then the indicated portion would pass to Sandringham Hospital.
Making your Will
We advise you to seek legal advice before making your Will. It is important that your bequest is correctly worded so that it reflects your wishes.
"I bequeath the whole of my estate (or ...% of my estate, or the residue of my estate ... whichever appropriate) to Sandringham Hospital (operated by Alfred Health) 193 Bluff Road, Sandringham, Vic 3191"
You may choose to make a bequest for general use within the hospital. Or you may wish to have your bequest utilized for a specific purpose, for example:
"...to be used for the treatment and care of patients at Sandringham Hospital."
If you wish to be more specific you can add reference to one or more units or services at Sandringham Hospital.
For more information on making a bequest to Sandringham Hospital, please call (03) 9076 1000. All communication will be held in the strictest confidence.