Podiatrists are experts in foot, ankle and lower limb health. At Alfred Health, we treat people if they have a foot wound or are at risk of foot wounds.
What we do
We care for people in the hospital, or outpatients with serious foot problems.
Who we care for
- Inpatients at The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
- outpatients at The Alfred who have been referred from a medical unit within Alfred Health
Patients who are low or moderate priority will be referred to local podiatry services within their area.
Commonly asked questions
No. If you are an inpatient or outpatient, there is no charge for appointments.
The Podiatry team sees inpatients while they are in hospital or outpatients that been referred after being discharged from hospital. You need a referral from an Alfred Health staff member.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)