Specialist Rehabilitation Service
We provide rehabilitation services to all Victorians, including care in our Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre.
With numerous rehabilitative specialties, our aim is to help patients get back on their feet after serious injuries and illness and regain as much independence as possible.
At Caulfield Hospital, we provide a range of specialist rehabilitation services:
- Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Amputee Clinic - for inpatients, outpatients and same day rehabilitation patients, in conjunction with Caulfield Hospital's prosthetic and orthotic manufacturing service
- ABI Rehab Clinic - for people who have suffered a brain injury
- Spasticity Clinic - for people with problems relating to muscle tone
- Spinal Rehab Clinic - for non-traumatic spinal injuries such as multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, spinal cord ischaemia, cancer related spinal impairment, spinal infections and spina-bifida
- Neuro Rehab Clinic - for those who have suffered a stroke, cerebral and subarachnoid haemorrhage, Parkinsons Disease and extrapyramidal disorders, myopathy, cerebral malignancies and other conditions
- Burns Clinic - for those who have sustained burns impacting on function, in collaboration with the Victorian Adult Burns Service at The Alfred
- Orthopaedic Clinic - helping patients to regain function following orthopaedic surgery, joint replacements or injury such as fractures or joint or muscle injury
- Musculoskeletal - a specialised multidisciplinary service for people who have undergone major surgical procedures or musculoskeletal disorders