Heart Failure Early Follow up Clinic is a nurse and pharmacist led clinic that provides timely review of patients recently discharged from The Alfred with heart failure.
What we do
All patients are seen within 7-10 days of discharge and this single visit provides patients with a comprehensive assessment of multiple medical issues, the opportunity to review and uptitrate heart failure therapy, provide follow up education and ensure patients are linked in with community based services.
We work closely with GP’s to ensure ongoing patient care needs are supported and medications are further uptitrated as per established guidelines. The clinic visit ensures streamlined transitional care before returning to ongoing care by the GP and specialist as appropriate. Prompt communication is provided to the GP and specialist post review.
How to access this clinic
Speak with your Alfred Health treating team
Patients should speak with their Alfred Health doctor, nurse or allied health practitioner to access this clinic.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous x-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or Workcover claim number (if relevant)
|Wednesday||The Alfred||9.00am - 1.00pm|
- Dr Shane Nanayakkara: Cardiology
- Dr Ingrid Hopper: General Medicine