Welcome to the VAX-PLORE study
The study is investigating how people feel about COVID-19 vaccines, as well as people’s experiences of – and opinions about – COVID-19 in general.
We are keen to hear from:
- People living with HIV (PLHIV)
- People who are currently taking HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) [or have taken PrEP in the past].
Participating in the study involves completing an online survey (approximately 30 minutes long).
You will be asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines (general beliefs and attitudes, willingness to get vaccinated, and concerns about vaccines), and other general questions about COVID-19 (testing, sources of information, responses to restrictions and other government policies, and attitudes about the seriousness of infection). You will also be asked questions related to socio-demographics, sex and relationships, and any current health conditions you might have.
The information you provide will be important in guiding the health sector to appropriately respond to the community’s needs around COVID-19.
The survey will also ask questions about how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed your experience of accessing clinical services related to HIV care, or HIV prevention.
After completing the survey, there will be an option to register to participate in future COVID vaccine research.
For more information about this survey, please view the Participant Information Statement below:
If you would like to receive the summary report on the results of this study you can register your email address below:
This survey was designed with input from PLWHIV and LGBTQ community organisations and has been reviewed and approved by the research ethics committee at The Alfred Hospital (project number: 77/21). Your responses will be de-identified and kept confidential.
The study is being conducted by:
- Assoc Prof Edwina Wright - Alfred Hospital, Monash University
- Dr Dean Murphy - Alfred Hospital
- Dr Vincent Cornelisse - Alfred Hospital, Kirketon Road Centre
- Mr Brian Price - Alfred Hospital
- Prof Sharon Lewin - Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, University of Melbourne
- Dr Jennifer Audsley - Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, University of Melbourne
- Prof Jennifer Hoy - Alfred Hospital, Monash University
- Dr John Rule - National Association of People Living With HIV Australia (NAPWHA)
- Mr Colin Batrouney - Thorne Harbour Health
- Professor Mark Stoové - Burnet Institute
- Dr James McMahon - Alfred Hospital, Monash University
- Dr David Griffin - Alfred Hospital
- Dr Michael Moso - Alfred Hospital
- Dr Sue J Lee - Alfred Hospital, Monash University
- Mr Bill King - University of Melbourne.