March for an Alfred Nurse
Alfred nurses are invited to be part of the official ANZAC Day march in Melbourne to the Shrine of Remembrance.
Organised by the Alfred Hospital Nurses League, a $25 registration fee will provide you with the name of an Alfred nurse who went to the war, and information about how to research your nurse.
Princes Bridge to Shrine of Remembrance
Under the auspices of the Returned Nurses Club, RSL branch, and its president, Col. Jan McCarthy, current and former Alfred nurses are invited to join the ANZAC Day March and honour an Alfred WWI nurse.
A $25 registration fee will provide you with the name of an Alfred nurse who went to the war, and information about how to research your nurse. We ask that you record the information you find about your nurse, and give it to the Nursing Archive, along with a few details about yourself and your life in nursing.
A commemorative poppy scarf (value $20) will be distributed on ANZAC Day before the march begins. The extra money will pay for publicity and banners to be used in the march. Any money left over will be donated to the Returned Nurses Club.
About the Commemorative March:
- Thursday 25 April, meeting at 8am on Princes Bridge, Flinders St Station side.
- The walk starts at the intersection of Flinders and Swanston Streets, concluding at the Shrine of Remembrance
- 1.5 kilometre
- Up-hill at the Shrine with some steps.
- Please wear flat comfortable shoes, no thongs. Please be aware we follow the Light Horse re-enactors.
- No photographs to be carried
- Children are not allowed in the march
To secure your place in the march please book here:
Or contact the League:
Telephone: 0457 954 992