Emergency & Trauma Clinical Leadership & Management - Semester 2 2019
A unit of the Masters of Clinical Medicine and the Masters of Public Health, a post graduate speciality qualification in Emergency Medicine.
The Alfred Hospital
The purpose of this unit is to increase clinicians’ awareness of non-medical management principles and processes and the influence of the organisation and government on the provision of patient care.
The leadership content is specific to the emergency and trauma department setting and includes:
- effective clinical leadership
- successful service development
- managing the emergency care process including understanding pre-hospital systems and influences
- the importance of establishing data management and presentation/outcomes registries
- measuring and improving quality
- developing robust research and training programs
- accountability for department performance
- human resources issues in the emergency and trauma department setting
- running health care projects.