Alfred COVID-19 Screening Clinic
The Alfred is one of the many screening clinics established by the Victorian State Government.
Our clinic screens people who believe they have come into contact with COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus), and have symptoms such a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath.
The Alfred COVID-19 Screening Clinic has been open since 12 March. It will run 7 days a week from 8am - 6pm.
It is located at The Alfred, 55 Commercial Road, Melbourne. Follow the signs when you arrive as entry is separate to the main hospital entrance. Staff will be around to direct you when you arrive.
Please note that we are currently only testing people who:
- Have returned from overseas in the past 14 days and have symptoms such as a fever, cough, or sore throat; or
- Have been in contact with a person with a known case of COVID-19 and have symptoms such as a fever, cough, or sore throat. or
- Are healthcare workers with direct patient contact; residential care workers or aged care residents with a fever or an acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat).
Before attending the clinic, please call 9076 2000 to ensure you meet the criteria for testing. You will also find information on whether you may be at risk on this website.
If you do attend the clinic, please wear a mask if you have access to one.
If you are directed to attend the clinic for screening, the following video explains what to do.
When will I get my results? How will I receive them?
- Results will be available after three to five days
- Patients who test positive will be contacted directly, and provided with further information on the next steps they will need to take
- Patients who test negative will receive a text message on their mobile phone
- If you do not have a mobile phone, you will be contacted directly, and provided your test result.
Other screening clinics
Assessment centres have been established at a number of Victorian hospitals. You don't need to call ahead (unless stated otherwise below) if you attend one of the following clinics:
Metropolitan health services:
- Austin Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital - Eastern Health
- Casey Hospital - Monash Health
- Dandenong Hospital - Monash Health
- Frankston Hospital - Peninsula Health
- Monash Medical Centre, Clayton - Monash Health
- Northern Hospital
- Royal Children's Hospital
- Royal Melbourne Hospital - Melbourne Health
- St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne
- Sunshine Hospital - Western Health
Regional health services:
- Ballarat Base Hospital - Ballarat Health Services
- Barwon Health North, Geelong - Barwon Health (please call (03) 4215 4445 prior to attending)
- Bacchus Marsh - Djerriwarrh Health Services
- Benalla Health
- Bendigo Hospital
- Echuca Hospital - Echuca Regional Health
- Maryborough District Health Service
- Melton - Djerriwarrh Health Services
- Mildura - Sunraysia Community Health Services (pre-call 5021 7653)
- Phillip Island Health Hub - Bass Coast Health
- Shepparton Hospital - Goulburn Valley Health
- Swan Hill District Health
- Wangaratta Hospital - Northeast Health
- Warrnambool - South West Healthcare (pre-call 5563 1666)
- Western District Health Service - Hamilton
- Wimmera Health Care Group – Horsham
- Wodonga Campus - Albury Wodonga Health
- Wonthaggi Hospital - Bass Coast Health