Respiratory Medicine relocation
The Alfred’s Respiratory Medicine outpatient clinics have moved from Main Ward Block Level 5 to Philip Block, Level 2. Patients are asked to present to Philip Block Reception, Level 2.
Watch our video to see how this project took shape.
Changes to Level 5
Community demand for quality inpatient care is growing substantially. To meet this need we are creating a new ward on Level 5 - Ward 5 West - which is the only remaining ward area in the Main Ward Block.
This means the administrative and clinical services which were located on 5 West such as outpatient services, clinical research and sleep studies for respiratory medicine have moved.
- Sleep and Vascular Laboratories: A new purpose-built area has been created on the Ground Floor of The Alfred Centre for sleep and vascular laboratories. Patients began using the new facilities in September. The new area has:
- four sleep rooms
- improved patient and staff amenities
- Respiratory Medicine clinics: Development of new Respiratory Medicine clinics and offices on East and Philip Block, Level 2 is now complete. These new clinics are now in use.
Throughout this program, our overriding principle is to maintain the quality of care that is currently provided by professional and skilled staff and where possible improve and expand the service.
In keeping with world’s best practice, we will be introducing some changes for cystic fibrosis and lung transplant patients. This new system will give our patients more certainty and structure in clinic. The changes include:
- improved infection control practices with purpose-built isolation rooms
- expansion of the nurse co-ordinator role to ensure you see clinicians in a timely way
- improved booking and scheduling systems and additional technology to improve clinic flow and reduce waiting times for patients
New Respiratory Medicine clinics
Click image to open slideshow
Answering your questions
If you have any questions or comments, email us at email@example.com.
5th Floor News
5th Floor News: Edition 1 February 2017 433 KB
5th Floor News: Edition 2 March 2017 544 KB
5th Floor News: Edition 3 March 2017 331 KB
5th Floor News: Edition 4 June 2017 325 KB
5th Floor News: Edition 5 September 2017 327 KB
5th Floor News: Edition 6 - December 2017 3 MB
5th Floor News: Edition 7 - June 2018 2 MB
5th Floor News: Edition 8 October 2018 395 KB