FOR DETAILS ON PGY2 SURGICAL ROTATIONS PLEASE CLICK HERE
All rotations accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and suitable to meet pre-SET requirements.
Please check the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons website (Click Here) for further information regarding SET (Surgical training) guidelines.
What do we look for in a potential Alfred Health employee?
The ideal Alfred Health HMO candidate is one who:
- Has an expressed and demonstrated desire to train at Alfred Health;
- Demonstrates academic, clinical and personal traits that Alfred Health would see as desirable in a potential employee / trainee.
We are looking for good people as well as potentially good clinicians. The more developed, mature and rounded a trainee is the better they will do at a complex health service.
We will select candidates who display or demonstrate:
- Evidence of the ability to work within a team;
- A holistic approach to patient care with appreciation of the multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary nature of patient care;
- Well developed interpersonal skills;
- Maturity evidenced through leadership roles or other activities (including non-medical);
- Good theoretical knowledge;
- Evidence of interest in academic pursuits including research.
What should I include in my Alfred Health application?
Your Curriculum Vitae: Must include the following information:
- Employment history - hospital/s, dates;
- Clinical history - rotations including rotations planned to end of current clinical year;
- Research / Presentations / Publications;
- University degrees;
- Academic history including prizes, awards;
- Extracurricular activities;
- College registration status.
Please submit your CV as part of your application to Alfred Health.
Your Cover Letter: Should include the following information:
- Motivation / reasons for applying to Alfred Health;
- Particular skills and attributes you feel you would bring to the position and how you feel they relate to the skills and attributes of a good HMO;
- Long term professional goals;
- Can be addressed to Ms A Nielsen, Operations Manager, Medical Workforce Unit, The Alfred.
What about referees?
Your referee reports will be provided to the PMCV and we will access them from there.
- References should be from clinical rotations undertaken within the past 24 months.
- Referees should be consultant clinicians who have supervised your practice.
- Ideally your references will be appropriate to your longer term goals.
- If you are concerned that some aspects of your references do not fit the criteria above, and see no alternative, please give a brief explanation in your cover letter.
How is your application assessed and ranked?
All HMO applications are assessed by a panel for eligibility.
The panel considers:
1. Curriculum Vitae Information and Cover letter
- Clinical Experience
- Academic & Scholarly pursuits
- Communication/Teamwork & Maturity
- Interest in Alfred Health
- Knowledge of Alfred Health ie. how a candidate fits with the working culture
2. Referee Ratings and Comments
- Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed by an interview / selection panel.
- The combination of initial assessment score plus interview outcome will determine the final ranking.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE TO
BOTH THE PMCV AND ALFRED HEALTH
TO APPLY NOW
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW
APPLICATIONS FOR PGY2 POSITIONS
CLOSE - 23rd JULY 2013
23/07/2013: Applications / Hospital Priority List
/ Referee Reports
04/09/2013: Interviews (for selected applicants) (4 Weeks)
03/02/2014: Start Date
Usually must be a graduate of an Australian or
New Zealand University.
Holder of the AMC Certificate and an Australian
PLEASE NOTE - ALL Applications MUST be ONLINE
PMCV (http://www.pmcv.com.au/ or computermatching.pmcv.com.au)