The following 2017 positions are offered at AlfredHealth/Monash Medical Centre. Applications must be made to AlfredHealth.
Positions will be interviewed and offered through a centralised matching
All positions need to participate in the Central Appointment Process if they are to be
recognised by the RACP and RCPA as Advanced Trainees (either single discipline
or JSAC trainees).
1. The single advertisement calling for applications to all recognised training positions
for 2017 will be widely distributed on 29th June 2016.
2. Candidates interested in a position at Alfred Health/Monash Medical Centre must
apply to both:
a. The Central Appointment Process.
b. Each and every individual Institution which they wish to include on their Applicant
Position Priority Form to be completed on Interview Days 30th - 31st August 2016
prior to the matching process.
Interested candidates are strongly recommended to contact each institution
separately to discuss their Haematology training programme.
These positions include subspecialty units; Clinical Haematology, Stem Cell Transplantation, Laboratory Haematology, Transfusion Medicine, Haemophilia and Haemostasis-Thrombosis; with training opportunities at both The Alfred, Monash
Medical Centre and Peninsula Health.
1. Clinical Registrars, rotating between the Alfred, Monash Medical Centre
and Peninsula Health.
2. Laboratory Registrars, located at the Alfred Pathology Service or Southern Cross
Pathology at Monash Medical Centre, and including a rotation to the Australian Red
Cross Blood Service (West Melbourne) as a Transfusion Medicine Registrar.
3. Laboratory Registrar based at Southern Cross Pathology, Dandenong Hospital.
For further information, please contact:
Professor Andrew Spencer, Head, Malignant Haematology & Stem Cell Transplantation:
Ph. 03 9076 3393, Email: email@example.com ;
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE YOUR CV & COVER LETTER READY FOR ATTACHMENT PRIOR TO APPLYING ONLINE.