Applications are invited from suitably qualified HMO's for an appointment to Alfred Health as an Unaccredited Orthopaedic Registrar. Duties include emergency assessment and management, pre and post-operative care, assisting at operating lists, and outpatient management of patients across the full range of adult orthopaedic traumatic and elective conditions.
Prospective trainees can apply for these positions to prepare for future entry to Registrar training streams and study, training and exam support will be provided for preparation to join these programmes.
Alfred Health will have up to 4 positions available with 2x6 month rotations at The Alfred and Sandringham Hospitals.
What do we look for in a potential Alfred Health employee?
The ideal Alfred Health HMO candidate is one who:
- Has an expressed and demonstrated desire to train at Alfred Health;
- Demonstrates academic, clinical and personal traits that Alfred Health would see as desirable in a potential employee / trainee.
We are looking for good people as well as potentially good clinicians. The more developed, mature and rounded a trainee is the better they will do at a complex health service.
We will select candidates who display or demonstrate:
- Good theoretical knowledge.
- A holistic approach to patient care with appreciation of the multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary nature of patient care.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the ability to work within a team.
- Maturity evidenced through leadership roles or other activities (clinical or non clinical).
- Evidence of interest in academic pursuits including research.
What should I include in my Alfred Health application?
Your Curriculum Vitae: Must include the following information:
- Employment history - hospital/s, dates;
- Clinical history - rotations including rotations planned to end of current clinical year;
- Research / Presentations / Publications;
- University degrees;
- Academic history including prizes, awards;
- Extracurricular activities;
- College registration status.
Your Cover Letter: Should include the following information:
- Motivation / reasons for applying to Alfred Health;
- Particular skills and attributes you feel you would bring to the position and how you feel they relate to the skills and attributes of a good HMO;
- Long term professional goals;
- Can be addressed to Ms V Tighe, Medical Workforce Unit, The Alfred.
How is your application assessed and ranked?
All HMO applications are assessed by a panel for eligibility.
The panel considers:
1. Curriculum Vitae Information and Cover letter
- Clinical Experience
- Communication/Teamwork & Maturity
- Interest in Alfred Health
- Knowledge of Alfred Health ie. how a candidate fits with the working culture
- Academic & Scholarly pursuits
2. Referee Ratings and Comments
- All eligible candidates will be interviewed by an interview / selection panel.
- The combination of initial assessment score plus interview outcome will determine the final ranking.
TO APPLY NOW
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW
APPLICATIONS FOR ORTHOPAEDIC REGISTRARS (UNACCREDITED) CLOSE - 1st JULY 2016
Monday, 11 July 2016
Assoc Prof S Liew
Director of Orthopaedic Surgery
Ph.: 9076 2293
Mr Peter J. Hannon FRACS(Orth) FAOrthA
Head of Orthopaedics, Sandringham Hospital
Ph.: 9076 1478
PLEASE NOTE - ALL Applications MUST be ONLINE